By working together, we can make a difference to the lives of those within our communities. We're here to listen, to find out your goals and to help you get there.
We understand that you’re busy, so we’ve outlined some steps to make your transition to Regional Australia Bank easy.Are you ready to switch to Regional Australia Bank? With competitive interest rates and a focus on building stronger and better communities in regional Australia, switching your banking to Regional Australia Bank is easier than you might think. Follow these simple steps and see the difference we make
1. Open a Regional Australia Bank transaction accountBecoming a member is easy. To open an account and enable Internet Banking access, call 132 067 or visit your nearest branch. To enquire about bringing your loans across to Regional Australia Bank talk to us or just fill in this enquiry form and we'll get in touch.
2. Switch your direct debits and credits over
Fill in this form and email it to [email protected] and we’ll contact your old financial institution to get a list of your direct debits and credits over the last 13 months. They will then send it to you to check and update.
Please keep in mind this will not include Pay Anyone payments, BPAY® payments, periodical payments, payments linked to your transaction account and any direct credits or debits linked to your debit or credit cards. You will need to find these payments yourself by checking your previous financial institution's statements and/or internet banking.
Completing the switch
It's easy to update all your regular payments to your new Regional Australia Bank account. It also helps avoid any additional fees such as dishonour fees or overdrawn account fees.
- Tell your employer your new account details to ensure your salary gets paid into your new account.
- Update any Periodical payments, Pay Anyone and BPAY within Internet Banking.
- Inform any businesses which debit money from or credits money to your account that you've changed banks.
3. Close your old account
If all your regular debits and credits are now successfully established on your new account, you can close your old bank account.
Tips for a smooth change-over
- Make sure you have enough money in your old account to cover current payments until all regular payments have been re-established on your new account.
- Check your new account when you are expecting the next regular direct debits and credits to appear. Get in touch with us or the organisation if the payment continues.
- Close your old account as soon as your regular payments appear on your new account with us.