Change your Mobile Banking App PIN
Follow these instructions if you have forgotten or want to change your PIN.
- Open your Regional Australia Bank Mobile Banking App and choose either 'Account Balances' or 'Transfer'.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, tap the 'Forgot Login' link on the Login screen to be taken through to the re-registration process - make sure you have your Internet Banking Member ID and
Password handy. See below for the 'Forgot Login' link examples on Android or iPhone devices.
- Else log into the app as normal and then select “Change Login Authentication” under the Settings menu.
- Choose from either entering a PIN or drawing a Pattern as your preferred method of authentication going forward. If you are using a compatible iPhone, you can also select a biometric method of authentication.
- Enter and confirm your PIN or Pattern to complete the process.
PIN security and what not to do
Selecting a new PIN can be hard but its important you choose something that isn't too obvious such as your or a family member's birthday. To keep your account safe, the app has the following rules in place;
- If the PIN is longer than your Member ID, then your Member ID cannot be contained in the PIN, e.g. Member ID: 97643, PIN 976431.
- If the PIN is shorter than your Member ID, then the PIN cannot be contained in your Member ID, e.g. Member ID: 97643, PIN 7643.
- The PIN cannot be all one character, e.g. 111111.
- The PIN cannot be a consecutive run of numbers, e.g. 1234, 8765, 2345678.
A PIN which does not follow these rules will be disallowed and you will receive an error message asking you to try again.