Building and Contents
Landlord Insurance covers your property for loss or damage to the dwelling plus any fittings and furnishings. As expected you will be covered for the standard events: fire, storm, flood and theft (excludes theft by a tenant unless you choose the optional cover).
Optional Rental Income Protection
In the event that your building is uninhabitable as a result of damage to your property or a nearby property, CGU can cover any loss of rent for up to 12 months. You just need to choose the amount of cover you need.
In addition, you can choose to be covered for up to $5,000 against your tenants defaulting on rental payments. If you choose this option, CGU will also protect you against theft by a tenant.
Key features of our Landlords insurance
- Accidental breakage of fixed glass
- Accidental damage you cause to the property
- Burning out of electrical motors
- Cover for deliberate or intentional acts, vandalism or malicious acts
- Choice of liability cover
- Optional Loss of Rent cover
- Optional Rent Default cover