Nominations are called to fill one vacant position on the Board of Community Mutual Ltd, trading as Regional Australia Bank, to be appointed at the 2017 Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 29 November 2017.
Currently, the Board has a total of six directors. It has been determined by the Board that the number of directors will remain at six. Pursuant to the constitution Director Geoff Thompson is to retire by rotation. Therefore, there will be one vacant position, with Geoff Thompson, as current director, offering himself for re-election.
Nominations are invited from eligible members to stand as a candidate for the position of Director. Nomination forms must be in writing and may be obtained here or by contacting:
Mr David Munday - Company Secretary
Email: [email protected]
Ph: 02 6776 0417
In order to nominate, a candidate must:
- be a member of Community Mutual Ltd (trading as Regional Australia Bank);
- be eligible for election under Division 13.2 of the Constitution (Eligibility to be a Director);
- be nominated by two (2) members of Community Mutual Ltd (trading as Regional Australia Bank) and consent to the nomination;
- be at least 18;
- complete a Personal Information Questionnaire and other relevant eligibility information;
- provide all information that is requested to determine if the candidate is disqualified by law from acting as a director;
- demonstrate how they meet the required skills, knowledge and competencies for eligibility; and appointment; and
- be able to attend an interview.
You will be ineligible to be a director of Community Mutual Ltd (trading as Regional Australia Bank) if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence as set out in section 20 of the Banking Act 1959.
Each candidate will be interviewed and assessed by the Board Director Nominations Committee to determine the fitness and propriety and skills, knowledge and competency of the candidate to be and act as a director, by reference to the Board’s Fit and Proper Policy and Skills and Experience Matrix. The Board is pursuing a candidate with experience in analysing key financial statements and critically assessing financial viability and performance, experience in business adaptation to new technologies and consumer behaviour in transforming business models in a digital environment, an ability to positively influence others, as well as prior director experience.
Nominations must be received by the Returning Officer, Technology Park, Madgwick Drive, Armidale NSW 2350, prior to 12:00 noon on Friday 28 July 2017.
By the order of the Board