Are you an experienced, versatile and enthusiastic API developer with an inner need to produce exceptional and secure integration between systems and organisations? Are you as precise with your data as you are with your protocols, and do you have a flair for progressive projects? If you can tick all these boxes there’s a fantastic career waiting for you as part of an exciting, dynamic and progressive team at Regional Australia Bank. Featuring autonomy and flexibility, this role provides the ability to work with new and emerging technologies to deliver ground-breaking financial services solutions.
With a head office located in beautiful Armidale, NSW, and nearby World Heritage listed national parks, we boast a family friendly working environment and a supportive, fun and high-performance culture. We currently publish several APIs for integration with emerging fintech companies, are active contributors to the emerging Australian Open Banking (Consumer Data Rights) standards and are collaboratively breaking new ground with our partners to seamlessly deliver high quality contemporary services to our members. We are respected within our sector for being innovative and progressive in these areas and have ambitions to go further.
Our integration tech stack includes Node.js (TypeScript, Mocha), Docker, Azure services (APIM, Container Instance, SQL DB) and .NET to produce integration components and API services.
About the role
Officially titled “Integration Specialist” within the Integration & Architecture team, this largely technical role has been created to help drive the integration and automation component of our exciting and progressive strategy. Of primary focus is the continual development and improvement of our published APIs, including our implementation of Open Banking. Reporting to the Integration & Architecture Manager, typical duties include:
- Identifying opportunities to improve our digital services through automation and integration, then designing, building and implementing solutions.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders as well as service providers and software vendors to plan, develop and introduce new functionality to our digital services, delivering an outstanding CX.
- Designing and developing test tools to help with integrations.
- Monitoring and improving security and operational performance of APIs and integrations (within both local infrastructure and Azure).
- Tracking and managing demand for changes via agile sprint cycles.
- Providing an internal escalation point for staff regarding integration.
- Supporting delivery of outstanding CX throughout the organisation as part of our customer-centric strategy
- Working with our software vendors to identify and resolve bugs.
To be the successful applicant, you will:
- Be an independent thinker who is not afraid to take ownership of initiatives and their outcomes
- Be passionate about creating great customer experiences
- Be collaborative with partners and creative with solutions
- Be capable of managing technical projects
- Be able to work autonomously when needed
- Have great communications skills
- Be thorough with planning and execution
- Be meticulous with security
- Be results driven
- Have solid experience designing and building secure REST APIs for third-party consumption with NodeJS and .NET
- Have thorough, experience-based understanding of HTTP protocols, web-based API protocols (REST & SOAP), authentication & authorisation protocols for APIs (esp. OAuth2), JSON & XML data formats, common integration patterns and associated standards such as JWT.
- Thorough knowledge and experience serving both REST and SOAP APIs publicly
- Proven capabilities with RESTful API development using Node.js, .NET, OAuth2, MS SQL Server, JSON and XML
- Knowledge and experience with common system integration patterns
- Understanding, knowledge & experience with Azure cloud services
- Architecture/solution design experience
- Must be comfortable talking with customers, vendors as well as internal stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of modern network and web-based security patterns and practices
- Driven problem solver
- High level communication skills
- Knowledge of source control systems
- Experienced with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Sense of humour
- Prior experience in financial services industry
- Knowledge of Open Banking and the Consumer Data Right
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Azure API Gateway
- Experience managing technical projects
- Experience with Graphql
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Healthy appreciation of nerd jokes
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume HERE. Applications close 28th May 2020 at 5:00pm.