The Senior Credit Manager is responsible for overall management of activities associated with provision of consumer, SME and commercial lending decisions to the network, with a focus on building key relationships within the organisations sector in accordance with the strategic plan. This role will be instrumental in credit risk management and decisioning of consumer, SME and commercial lending applications within quick turnaround times. This role will also play a key part in developing and enhancing credit underwriting, systems and reporting for the bank.
The role is responsible in supporting management and maintenance of relationships with any third party representatives and provision of appropriate brokerage services where necessitated in conjunction with Regional Australia Bank products and services. This role will also be responsible for reviewing and recommending changes to the credit underwriting and policy settings, lending system controls and associated credit risk management requirements to assist the General Manager Credit Risk and Chief Risk Officer in the management of the credit risk function. The role will also provide assistance with review of APRA standards associated with credit risk management.
Skills and experience
- Be a Team player and perform well in a team environment;
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with management and other staff members of Regional Australia Bank;
- Resolve problems;
- Develop and maintain effective networks with contractors and industry colleagues;
- Adopt and adjust to change and its processes;
- Set priorities, plan workloads, meet deadlines and achieve objectives through the efficient use of time and resources;
- Effectively implement business and operational plans;/li>
- Effectively liaise and coordinate with staff across a diverse range of activities;/li>
- Develop and document effective reports, policies and procedures;/li>
- Develop reports in strict time frames./li>
- Tertiary qualification in a Credit related discipline or willingness to achieve;
- Extensive experience in Retail, SME and Commercial credit decisioning (minimum of 7 years);
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Well developed computer skills with demonstrated experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated understanding and preparedness to commit to the organisation's values;
- A current, unencumbered Drivers Licence.
- Relevant industry experience;
- Diploma Financial Services (Financial Planning) or Cert III or IV Financial Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of Regional Australia Bank products and services.