Internal Audit and Assurance Officer - Located in Head Office - Armidale
The IAA function is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Regional Australia Bank's operations. It helps Regional Australia Bank accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, control and governance processes.
About Regional Australia Bank
Regional Australia Bank is a customer owned bank that has been helping regional Australians achieve their lifestyle goals for almost 50 years. It has a reputation for being flexible, personable and being able to make the complex simple. With roots in regional NSW and head office located in Armidale, Regional Australia Bank has grown to be one of the premier banking alternatives to the 'Big Four' banks.
So if you've got the skills and are passionate about people and creating better, more sustainable places to live, then connect with us at Regional Australia Bank! Because we feel that being connected with Regional Australia and its people are without doubt the most compelling and inspiring parts of our brand. In fact, the success of our business is determined by how well we share our passion for championing regional prosperity, including the financial prosperity of the people residing in it.... and we'd love to have you on-board!
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be operating in the Third Line of Defence, to examine and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of activities, to provide independent and objective assurance on the adequacy of the risk management and internal control frameworks, and to challenge and advise on the full range of operational issues to help Regional Australia Bank accomplish its objectives.
To be successful in your application please submit a Resume and a cover letter addressing the following criteria:
- Relevant undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Minimum three (3) years internal audit and assurance experience
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction, and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills and the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and experience
- Experience with interpreting statutory and regulatory requirements, including APRA requirements
- Well-developed numeracy skills.
- CIA qualification
- IT Audit experience and/or CISA qualification
- Knowledge of Ultracs Banking system
- CPA or CA qualification
The right "can-do" attitude is a must. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.Position Closes Monday 9th October 2017 - 5pm