This position is now closed
About the business and the role
Human Resources (HR) comprises a team of professionals providing outstanding, people focused, proactive and effective solutions and services for all Regional Australia Bank staff. Our success is achieved by understanding our business and operating as a partner to our stakeholders. We deliver responsive, innovative and practical solutions and services.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the timely provision of recruitment and selection tasks as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of all personnel files (electronic) ensuring they are managed in line with legislative, best practice and audit requirements.
- Case manage new recruits, throughout their 3 month probation period, through regular contact, liaison with direct managers and identification of training needs.
- Promote Regional Australia Bank as a positive employer through attendance at careers expos, schools and other community events.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with the with identification and development of internal and external training programs for Regional Australia Bank.
- Assist with implementation of online learning functionality, monitoring completion of allocated and required training on a monthly basis.
- Provide all staff and managers with accurate information on Human Resources issues including but not limited to policies, performance management, employee benefits, Health and Wellbeing, Work Health Safety and payroll.
- Undertake project work as required form time to time, including assisting in devising specific Human Resources strategies or solutions.
- Ensure timely and efficient production of monthly and fortnightly reporting, reconciliations and payment of relevant account(s) such as Payroll Tax, deductions, PAYG and SGC in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Be equipped to support an extensive change management initiatives.
- Be able to assist with delivery of negotiation and management of Enterprise Bargaining Agreements, Awards, NES, Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of training, performance management and recruitment throughout the network.
Skills and experience
Ideally the candidate will have the below selection criteria skills to be successful in this role.
- Communicate effectively with management, staff members of Regional Australia Bank and external stakeholders in both oral and written communication.
- Display confidence when dealing with others.
- Actively assist in resolving workplace problems and conflicts.
- Achieve and work in a team based culture.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with contractors and industry colleagues.
- Adopt and adjust to change and it's processes whilst looking for ways to process improve.
- Set priorities, plan workloads, meet deadlines and achieve objectives of the department, through the efficient use of time and resources.
- Develop a detailed working knowledge of the relevant industrial relations instrument and employment legislative conditions.
- Formal Qualifications in Human Resources and/ or Training and Assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, engage in and appropriately influence the development of a positive workplace culture.
- High Level skills in using a range of computer software including Microsoft Windows, (Word, PowerPoint, excel, outlook).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High Level conceptual, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to understand legislative and award requirements.
- Previous experience within a financial institution.
- Unencumbered driver's licence.
The Application Process:
Stage One: Resume to be forwarded including cover letter addressing selection criteria.
Stage Two: On successful progression to stage two, the applicant will be sent four short answer questions to complete, which will be reviewed to progress to stage three.
Stage Three: On progression to stage three the applicant will be invited to attend an interview at our Head Office in Armidale, NSW.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 23rd November 2016
You must be eligible to work in Australia to apply. Applications will require a resume, completed employment application form and cover letter addressing selection criteria.
For further details and questions contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 132 067