About the role
The Executive Assistant will ensure professional secretarial services to the CEO and Executive and be dynamic in administration and presentation, meeting co-ordination and schedule organisation. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills, along with strong skills across the suite of Microsoft Office programs and the flexibility to support relevant Committee meetings as required by the CEO, are critical to this role. This role incorporates the responsibility of ensuring the professional provision of service to members and industry contacts is maintained at the highest level.
Regional Australia Bank is a progressive customer owned bank that has been helping Australians achieve their lifestyle goals for almost 50 years. It has a reputation for being flexible, personable and being able to make the complex simple. With roots in regional NSW and head office located in Armidale, Regional Australia Bank has grown to be one of the premier banking alternatives to the 'Big Four' banks.
So if you've got the skills, are passionate about people and creating better, more sustainable places to live, then connect with us at Regional Australia Bank. We feel that being connected with regional Australia and people the who live here is without a doubt the most inspiring part of our brand. In fact, the success of our business is determined by how well we share our passion for championing regional prosperity, including the financial prosperity of the people residing in it and we'd love to have you onboard!
This position is located in Head Office - Armidale.
Skills and Responsibilities
To be successful in your application, please submit a Resume and a cover letter addressing the following criteria:
- Demonstrated relevant experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and preparedness to commit to, the organisation's values.
- Extensive experience in providing Executive Support and assistance.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level skills in dealing confidently and courteously with people at all levels.
- Experience in organising workshops and meetings, including preparation and distribution of agendas, papers and minutes.
- Ability to compose and present correspondence of a non specialist nature.
- Strong organisational skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or other relevant qualification; or extensive experience.
The right "can-do" attitude is a must. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 26 February 2018